So what does the energy FEEL like in your home? How do you FEEL it?
Here are a few clues to help you discover the FEELING in your home.
- How does it smell; like last night’s dinner or fresh air?
- Does it look like a tornado has gone through or like a place you want to sit and stay a while?
If there are any smells that are lingering they should be dealt with immediately. Get in the practice of opening windows and allowing the fresh air to blow through, even just a few minutes for the very cold days of winter. Keep them open as often as you can on temperate days. Burn some incense, candles, or use aromatherapy oils to help clear the air. If the furniture acts as a pet bed, consider covering the furniture with a blanket that can bewashed frequently.
How does it look? This is a loaded question and one worthy of a book! However, to be fair a home does not need to look like a “Show Home” or a decorator’s magazine. It should reflect who you are and how you live. It should be free of major clutter, and kept clean. This takes us back to our senses – does it smell clean? Does it look clean?
After clearing the clutter, dusting and vacuuming; can you stand back, look at your place and take a deep satisfying breath and release slowly – savoring the vision and smell? Then you have successfully accomplished “feeling the energy of your home”.
- Is Feng Shui necessary in a mostly unfurnished home?
- Feng Shui explores the intimate connection between you and your environment
- Gardening is Great Chi!
- Welcome Spring and Welcome Chi
- Are You Ready for Change?
- Enhancing Travel and Helpful People Gua